We are pleased to announce that lead attorney, David N. Schaffer, is named to the Super Lawyers list for 2019. This list recognizes outstanding attorneys in their practice areas through anonymous peer nominations and a stringent research process. Additionally, each nominee is assessed by a rigorous panel of attorneys.
This honor is given to no more than five percent of attorneys in Illinois per year. David first was selected for the Illinois Super Lawyers list in 2007 – and has been named to the list every year since.
Recognized for statewide excellence in family law
The Super Lawyers list encompasses a selection of attorneys from firms of all sizes and practices areas. It is intended to provide a resource to those seeking an attorney of high reputation and excellence in their area of law.
With this award, David is nationally recognized as a top attorney by his peer’s evaluations and their endorsements. Though a patented multiphase process that includes independent research of each candidate, the resulting nominees are exceptional, talented and highly credible attorneys.
David fits this category impeccably. Through his notable work with Illinois family law, David has:
- Successfully handled families facing legal issues in the community for over 30 years
- Represented global child custody cases
- Processed kidnapping and abduction cases across state and international lines
- An esteemed proficiency in wrongful retention issues
- Licenses to appear before the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Notable published works in subjects pertinent to family law
- Furthered his area of law by teaching classes and seminars
- Numerous professional associations, memberships and roles of leadership in the legal community
Congratulations to David on his 13th year of being selected for the Super Lawyers list of Illinois attorneys.