The Right Law Firm for Your Family Law Issues
At Schaffer Family Law, Ltd., we recognize that family law issues can be extremely difficult. Emotions often run high when it comes time to negotiate the terms of a divorce, financial settlement, or custody or child support agreement. Our primary goal is to provide you with the compassionate advice and professional guidance you need to make sound decisions regarding your future. We will tell you what you need to hear.
We provide comprehensive legal representation in the following areas:
- Divorce and property division: Whether you are considering a divorce or are already involved in the divorce process, an experienced lawyer can help protect your rights and interests.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreement drafting and enforcement: We can help engaged couples account for all assets and debts early on — before assets become tangled by marriage.
- Maintenance/alimony: Depending on factors such as income and financial need, spousal maintenance may be awarded to either party in a divorce.
- Allocation of parental responsibilities (known as child custody prior to Jan. 1, 2016) and child support: Legal action may be necessary to ensure that you secure adequate parenting time with your child and that he or she receives the financial support he or she deserves.
- Modifications: Divorce agreements are not always set in stone. If you have experienced a substantial change in circumstances, a modification to your child support, custody or maintenance agreement may be necessary.
- International custody/kidnapping: To protect the rights of both you and your child, you need a knowledgeable international custody attorney who is experienced in this unique area of law.
- Enforcement of state and foreign decrees: If a parent moves out of state, it can be difficult to enforce child support, custody or visitation orders.
- Same-sex marriage issues: Even though same-sex marriage is legal in our country, same-sex couples can still encounter family law issues that require a compassionate and tenacious family law attorney.
We understand the stress and anxiety that accompany family law issues. We also understand that depending on your generation, you could be facing unique family law issues previous generations rarely had to contend with. As such, you need a lawyer who understands your situation, and that attorney is David N. Schaffer.
Sometimes, simply talking to an experienced lawyer and finding out where you stand can bring peace of mind. Attorney David N. Schaffer will provide you with personal attention throughout the course of your legal matter. He offers straightforward, practical advice and will never sugarcoat the truth.
Contact Us Today to Get Help
We are here to handle all of your family law-related needs and goals. For skilled support and representation, contact our law firm in Naperville to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation. You may also call us at 630-848-9955 to schedule a consultation.