Informing and Helping Millennials Through Family Law Matters
The quirks associated with a particular generation can speak volumes about the potential legal issues people within that generation could face. For millennials, cultural changes — for better or worse — have created situations that, upon divorce or separation, could result in tricky legal situations that previous generations may not have had to contend with.
Whether you’re a millennial, a baby boomer or something in between, Schaffer Family Law, Ltd., in Naperville is ready to assist you with any family law matter, including domestic and international matters. You can rest assured knowing that our more than 30 years of experience and attention to detail will be put to work for you right away — helping you quickly and effectively resolve even the most complex family law issue.
We Understand the Unique Issues You’re Facing
From supporting same-sex marriage rights to changing the definition of what it means to be a family, millennials have championed a lot of changes that have made family law issues particularly complex for this generation.
At Schaffer Family Law, Ltd., we stay up to date on the law and changing family law trends so we can better serve our millennial clientele. Founding attorney David N. Schaffer has more than 30 years of family law experience to draw from, giving him the ability to resolve issues unique to the millennial generation, including:
- Property division issues – Fair distribution of shared property belonging to an unmarried couple
- Cohabitation prior to marriage –Issues concerning ownership of shared property, separate property, whether to merge banking and savings accounts, and who gets the shared home in the event of separation
- Child custody and visitation issues facing unmarried parents – Establishing paternity, negotiating shared custody, requesting and enforcing child support orders, and modifying an order as the child gets older
- Prenuptial agreements – Help drafting prenuptial agreements to account for assets and debts acquired prior to marriage to ensure a more equitable split after divorce
- Same-sex marriage issues — Including addressing the division of separate and marital assets and debts, child custody, access to health care benefits, and additional same-sex legal matters
We Can Help Resolve International Family Law Issues
Did you marry a foreign exchange student you met while attending college? Did you have a child with someone from another country while taking a semester or job opportunity abroad? If so, you could be part of the millennial generation that has to contend with international family law matters, including child custody matters overseas.
Schaffer Family Law, Ltd., is well-known in Illinois for our international child custody work. We have an outstanding reputation among left-behind parents who we have helped resolve child custody matters across jurisdictional boundaries, file Hague petitions, understand their parental rights and seek enforcement of child support orders.
From our Naperville offices, we represent clients throughout Illinois, across the nation and around the world.
Get Our Help Today
You’re intimidated by your situation; you shouldn’t have to be intimidated by your lawyer as well. At Schaffer Family Law, Ltd., you will work one on one with an attorney whose skill and tenacity in the courtroom are matched only by his compassion for his clients. Our firm will help you make the best decisions regarding your family law issue — whether it’s a proactive step like a prenuptial agreement or a reactive step to a petition for divorce.
If you would like to schedule an initial consultation with the attorney at our firm, contact us online or call 630-922-4500.